Rules and Regulations
1. One night is the minimum length of time for which the hotel facilities hereinafter referred to as "rooms” can be booked.
2. Check-in time is from 12 noon. Check-out time is up to 12 noon.
3. Room occupants hereinafter referred to as "hotel guests" can check in at no extra charge from 8 a.m. to 12 noon on the date of arrival provided the room is free.
4. The hotel guest must declare the length of their stay; in the absence of such a declaration the room is assumed to be booked for one night.
5. Anyone wishing to extend their stay beyond the period specified on the day of arrival should inform reception before 10 a.m. of the declared day of departure, which is not binding on the hotel.
6. The hotel cannot grant a request for extension when no room is available.
7. A second guest in a double room can be checked-in only at the request of the guest in whose name the room is booked.
8. The hotel is obliged to provide:
1. Conditions for complete relaxation and in particular not performing any actions in the room without the consent of the hotel guest (e.g.:. cleaning, repairs, etc.).
2. A change of bed linen and towels every 3 days or on request.
9. The hotel is obliged to:
1. Immediately respond to remarks and complaints regarding the service, operation of the hotel facilities cleanliness and order in the hotel by taking steps to immediately rectify any deficiencies and shortcomings.
2. To provide free of charge the following services at the request of the hotel guest:
1. a safety deposit,
2. a wake-up call at the time requested,
3. luggage storage.
10. Liability for the loss of or damage to property belonging to hotel guests is governed by the Civil Code. The liability of the hotel for loss of or damage to valuables, money, securities and items of scientific or artistic value is limited if the items are not deposited at reception.
11. A hotel guest does not have the right to transfer the room to another person, even if the prepaid period has not yet expired.
12. Persons not registered as guests at the hotel are not allowed to remain in hotel rooms between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. the following day.
13. The quiet hours in the hotel are from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. the following day.
14. Due to fire safety requirements, it is forbidden to use any electrical appliances in the rooms apart from those provided by the hotel.
15. Hotel rooms must be locked and the key must be left at reception whenever leaving the hotel.
16. Should the hotel incur significant losses due to an unfulfilled reservation, the person who booked the room may be required to pay compensation amounting to 50% of the room charge.
17. Hotel guests are liable for any damage to or destruction of hotel equipment for which they or their visitors are responsible.